A desert in three colors – The hike
I started to walk from the road south of Alameda and hiked on dirt roads all the time. The area is quite flat and changes gradually its face. I “saw” some strange animals today, small and black and they live in little dirt caves next to the street. Maybe someone has some valuable hints what that could be? They were obviously too quick to let me see what I’m dealing with.
Fuente de Piedra:
The base of Maslow:
- At Sencilla, again one of those strange rest areas, you’ll find water from a drinking water fountain next to the chapel. At least I hope it was drinking water.
- Camping is allowed in this area (Sencilla)
- Fuente de Piedra is a little, deserted and hot town.
- There is a nice camping site with a pool. I think they don’t have too many tents there because the tent area is not even flat. But it’s nice and on a very comfy lawn.
- You can not access the laguna. It’s a natural reserve and there are fences everywhere.
- This is the closest you’ll get to the flamingos: behind the train station, direction the laguna center is a small lake where they chill.
The flock on the picture are flamingos!